A 12 week programme
Take frustration out of your job search
Our presenters are experts in their field. Classes take place in a supportive environment. We include workshops to help you master skills and techniques that will improve your employability.
At weekly meetings 2.5 hours in length, you'll learn and practise a new skill (or improve one you have already) and network with people in the same situation as yourself. It's a lot less lonely than sitting at home in front of your computer.
And it's free!* Room for Work is a charity supported by volunteers.
(*But we do ask for a small voluntary contribution to help the charity. We also ask for a £10 donation for the textbook. In either case, you do not need to pay anything if you feel you can't.)
Here's what you'll learn:
Current job search methods and ways to find "hidden jobs"
- How to write an effective CV for the job you want
- How to use social media, especially LinkedIn, to find work and promote yourself
- Speaking skills that will sell your experience and capabilities
- How to analyse and activate your network
- How to master competency-based interviews
Self-employment options that work
COURSE SCHEDULE WINTER 2017
||Effective Job Search|
||Improve Your Speaking Skills|
||Analyse Your Skill Set|
||Social Media for Job Search|
|MAR 7||Your LinkedIn Profile|
||HR and Interviews|
||Answering Tricky Interview Quesions|